Saturday, December 4, 2010

Toddler Kitchen...sneak peak

So I kind of got ahead of myself on this one, I didn't take pictures of every step like I had planned but it still isn't QUITE finished. I need to make the curtain, put an oven shelf in, make an apron and a mitten, and repaint the muffin tins, then I'M DONE!

Here are just a few pictures:

Here are the steps kind of anyway:

-cut out holes for sink and faucet
I spent quite a bit of time getting those holes cut out because I really didn't have the right tools to use, a dremmel tool isn't best but a table saw isn't great either for making a hole but the two together, I eventually got them done, like 2-3 hours later.
-cut a door for the oven from scrap wood
-wiped everything down
-did like 4 coats of primer(wish I was using primer in a spray can instead of with a roller, would have been much easier but I had to do this project indoors since I live in winter wonderland and don't have a garage)
-then I did like 4 coats of pink paint
-sanded a bit
-antiqued a bit
-put the sink in and the faucet in
-put hinges on the door and a handle
-have tension rod ready for the curtain
- put some vinyl cutouts in the sink and on the oven door(my daughter requested not only a pink kitchen but a pink sink too for Christmas, I have warned her that I don't know if Santa can do both)
-cut out brown vinyl circles for stove top-may change that a bit, still not sure.
NEXT I'll sew the apron, mitten, and curtain
 -repaint the muffin tins too.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! It's so cute. Maybe someday I'll make my daughter one. :)

    ReplyDelete