Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Daily Check List Board

So plain and simple... I created a daily check list board. I have seen so many varieties on different craft blogs and love a few from the magnet board version, magnet board on a cheap cookie sheet version, white board version, the picture frame white board version, and many others.

Well, Mine is really none of those with the acception of the white board capability. A while back I thought I would use these odd sized cabinet doors that were discarded by my amazing cabinet making brother. He left them in the wood pile at my parents cabin so I figured that was fair game.  I tried painting them with some paints I had, I didn't like how they turned out so they have been sitting around for a while.

I used one for a Family Home Evening Chart... (Sorry  I didn't do a step by step on this one, but you get the idea right?)

And this is the one I used for my Family Daily Check List Chart...

1) I modge podged the inner piece of wood then place the fabric over the wet modge bodge

2)smoothed out the fabric

3)Then I modge podged over the top of the fabric and let it dry.

4) printed little charts for each family member(I know this part could be much cuter but I was going for fast and simple)

5) I used the clear oil cloth covering for each list and pinned them in place.

Now we can just mark right through what we accomplish each day... sad as it is, I do need reminders for even basic daily things. LOL.

I have to say I love Joel Dewberry Fabric, it made this paint color that I first thought looked horrible, just look amazing. Thanks Joel!

No comments:

Post a Comment