Tuesday, September 21, 2010

For UTE Fans only! Iron On Vinyl Project...

All you Ute Fans should enjoy this one. All my friends that are BYU fans, go check out someone elses blog this time around, lol!

My husband and I thought it would be fun, and less expensive, to make our own Ute Gear. Until about 3 weeks ago the kids and I had no Ute Gear at all. I did however score a $5 soccer or volleyball sport shirt from last year and it is super comfy. I love it.

Anyhow, Here is what we did.

Step 1: Buy shirts, sweaters, hats or whatever you want...
this one is for my lil girl

Step 2: Buy Iron on Vinyl we went to spot89.com because in the end they were the cheapest per foot of iron on vinyl although you do have to buy a good amount so we have a little extra(not as much as expected due to some mishaps..uhum...the person will remain nameless)
this one is for my future line backer lil boy
Step 3: Cut out designs and words on my Personal Cricuit Machine
this one is for my hubby
Step 4: Iron on to parafanlia(glossy side up... this will reduce the mishaps...)
the white shirt is mine, the black my hubbies, and the black hoodie is mine too:) I still want to add to the front of the white shirt and do something on the back of my hoodie
Step 5:Peel off glossy covering(if you are layering multiple vinyl cutouts, do one at a time and remove the clear vynil before applying the second layer...and so on. This will also reduce the waste from mishaps...lesson learned!) 

Step 6: Cheer For the UTES!!!! Go Utes!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment